Measurement of Ulnar Length for estimation of Stature in Gujarat
Measurement of Ulnar Length for estimation of Stature
In this study, an attempt has been made out to formulate a linear regression equation for estimation of stature from the ulnar length. The material consists of 310 subjects between 20-40 years of age in Gujarat. The Ulnar (Rt. & Lt.) length was measured by spreading caliper. The Stature ( Height ) was measured in standing erect, anatomical position with standard height measuring instrument. Data tabulated and statistically analyzed using Microsoft excel. A good correlation of stature was observed with Ulnar length and it was statistically highly significant. The results of present study would be useful for Anthropologist and Forensic Medicine experts
2. Joshi N.B., Patel M.P.and Dongre A.V. Regression equation of height from Tibiallength,Indian Journal of Medical Research,1964;52:pp 531-534.
3. Soames R.W.,Bannister LH,Berry MM,Collins P.et al. Gray’s Anatomy Anatomical basis of Medicine and Surgery, 38th edition; Churchill Livingstone, London,1999 ; pp 433-434,637-640.
4. Ulna from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.Available at URL:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulna.)
5. Trotter M., Glesser G.C. A Re evaluation of estimation of stature based on measurements of Stature taken during life and of long bones after death,American journal of Physical Anthropometry,1958;n.s.16: pp 79-123.
6. Maloy Kumar M.,Tapan kumar J.,Jonaki D.,Sumohan B. Use of length Of Ulna for estimation of Stature in Living Adult male in Burdwan district and adjacent areas of West Bengal, JASI, 2009; volume 58 (1): pp 16-18.
7. Allbrook D. The estimation of stature in British and ulnar bone lengths, journal of forensic Medicine, 1961; Volume 8:pp 15-27.
8. Athawala M.C. Estimation of height from length of forearm bones. A study of one hundred Maharashtrian male adults of age betweentwenty five and thirty years. American journal of Physical Anthropology, 1963;volume 21:pp 105-12.
9. Sarojini Devi H.,Das B.K.,Purnabati S.,Singh D. and JayshreeDevi. Estimation of stature from upper arm length among the Marings of Manipur, Indian Medical Journal August, 2006; volume 100,no.8: pp 271- 73.
10. Trotter M. and Glesser G.C.Estimation of stature from long bones of American Whites and Negroes,American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 1952; volume10 pp 463-51410.
11. Harsh M.P. Correlation and Regression Analysis of Stature in relation to Head length in Children,2007.
12. Saxena S.K.,Jeyasingh P.,Gupta A.K. and Gupta C.D. The Estimation of Stature from Head length,Journal of Anatomical society of India,1981; vol 30: pp78-79.
13. Jadav H.R. , Shah G.V. Determination of personal Height from length of Head in Gujarat region,JASI,2004;vol 53 : pp20-21.
14. Joshi N.B., Patel M.P. and Dongre A.V. Regression equation of height from Tibial length, Indian Journal of Medical Research,1964;volume 52:pp 531-534.